▶️ How to make Chicken Marsala | LIVESTREAM
Truffle Chicken Marsala
Cook Time 🍳
Learn to cook an absolutely irresistible Chicken Marsala, Truffle Shuffle-style, with white beech mushrooms, our Marsala wine reduction, and world famous Truffle Carpaccio! Chef Connie will teach you each step to pan-fry chicken to golden brown perfection, then use the resulting fond to build flavor with garlic, thyme, butter, stock, and wine to make a sauce so perfect you’ll have to stop yourself from finishing it before the pasta is ready! Just when you think it can’t get any better, you’ll serve it all over a warm bowl of penne pasta with Truffle Carpaccio and chives for garnish. Delicious just doesn’t quite cut it, this marsala is life-changing!
1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pound thin cut chicken breast ❄
- 1 shallot
- 4 ounces white beech mushrooms ❄
- ½ bunch chives ❄
- 1 jar Truffle Carpaccio
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter ❄
- ¼ cup marsala reduction
- ¼ cup stock ❄
- 1/4 cup cream ❄
- 4 sprigs thyme ❄
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- 1 pound rallenti penne pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Cutting Board
- Paper towels
- Wooden spoon
- Large saute pan
- Large pot with a lid
❄ Please keep refrigerated before class ❄
MISE EN PLACE 🥄
- In a medium pot over medium heat, stir together the chicken broth and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat add the saffron. Allow the saffron to bloom off the heat.
Meanwhile, snap off the woody ends of the asparagus. Slice off the tips, then slice the stalks into thin rounds.
Cut the lemon into wedges.
Dice the chicken into 1-inch pieces.
HOW TO COOK 🍳
In a large saute pan over medium heat, stir together half of the canola oil and 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Test the temperature of the butter and oil mixture by placing a little piece of coated chicken breast in the pan. Once it starts sizzling, arrange the coated chicken so they can evenly fry. Pan-fry both sides until GBD (Golden Brown and Delicious), about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove crispy chicken from the pan and turn off the heat.
- Add an additional 2 tablespoons of butter and turn the heat to medium-low.
- Add the shallots and saute until tender. Add the garlic and thyme and stir until fragrant, then add the mushrooms and saute until GBD.
- Season with Balinese Truffle Salt. Add the stock, marsala wine, and cream. Bring to a boil, then adjust the heat to maintain a simmer. Simmer until slightly thickened, then turn off the heat and fold in the minced Truffle Carpaccio.
- Season the boiling water with kosher salt and cook pasta until al dente, about 8 minutes. Dress with olive oil and season with salt.
- Place the chicken and pasta on your serving platter and smother with sauce. Garnish with the chives and enjoy!
Looks like the Prep directions go to a different recipe possibly?? Asparagus, lemon and saffron aren’t part of the recipe.
Hi Chef Connie,
In reading the prep, there are ingredients that are not in the list on top. Do these belong to a different recipe?
Leave a comment