Black Truffle and Artichoke Soup
Cook Time 🍳
Join Chef Tyler as he makes a light, hearty vegan soup that you'll surely love. It is simple to make yet so elegant!
4 oz Butter ❄
1 ea Shallot
1 ea Yukon Gold potato
2 ea Artichokes ❄
1 head Cauliflower ❄
5 oz Button mushrooms ❄
2 bag Bone broth ❄
1 ea Lemon
1 ea Creme fraiche ❄
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
1 bunch Chives ❄
1 jar Truffle Carpaccio
❄ Please keep refrigerated before class ❄
This soup is best served alongside a few slices of your favorite crusty bread
Fill the mixing bowl with cold water and the juice of half of the lemon.
- Peel back the thick, green leaves off of the artichokes and tourne them. Place the finished artichokes into the bowl with lemon.
- Dice 2 cups of the cauliflower.
- Peel and dice the shallot.
- Wash and dice the button mushrooms.
- Peel and dice 1 heaping cup of Yukon Gold potato.
- Dice the artichokes.
- Thinly slice the chives.
How to Cook 🍳
Melt the butter in the large pot over medium heat.
- Add the diced vegetables to the pot. Lightly season with Balinese Truffle Salt and stew until tender but without color.
- Once the vegetables are tender, add the bone broth to the pot along with 2 cups of water.
- Bring the soup to a boil and turn down to a simmer.
- Drain the Truffle Carpaccio, reserving the oil, and add half of the Truffle Carpaccio to the simmering soup.
- Simmer the soup for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender, add half of the creme fraiche, and blend while hot. Blend on high for 2 minutes.
- Strain the soup through the fine mesh strainer into the 2 qt sauce pot and press with a ladle to make sure you get maximum yield.
- Repeat this blending and straining process until all soup has been blended.
- Reheat the soup and adjust the seasoning with Balinese Truffle Salt, truffle oil, and lemon juice.
- Ladle the soup into soup bowls, top with a dollop of creme fraiche, a few slices of Truffle Carpaccio, and a sprinkle of chives and enjoy alongside some crusty bread!!