🎥 How to make Benton's Ham Biscuits with Golden Peaches and Brown Butter Truffle Honey | HD
Benton’s Ham Biscuits with Golden Peaches and Brown Butter Truffle Honey
Cook Time 🍳
Learn to cook an southern-style brunch with freshly baked buttermilk biscuits, Brown Butter Truffle Honey-stewed golden peaches, and pan-fried hickory smoked ham! Sweet and salty in all the best ways—you won't believe you made something this delicious in your own kitchen!
1 stick unsalted butter ❄
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¾ cup buttermilk ❄
- 4 golden peaches ❄
- 1 jar Brown Butter Truffle Honey
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- 1 lemon
- ½ pound Benton’s Ham ❄
- Sheet tray
- Parchment paper
- Pan spray
- ¼ cup measure
- Mixing bowl
- Box cheese grater
- Wooden spoon
- Rolling pin
- Bench scraper (or knife)
- Cutting board
- Large saute pan
- Medium saute pan
- ½ cup water
- Paper towels
❄ Please keep refrigerated before class ❄
MISE EN PLACE 🥄
1 hour before class, place 6 tablespoons of the butter into the freezer to get a deep chill. Place the flour, baking powder, kosher salt, sugar, and buttermilk in the fridge to ensure they are very cold.
Preheat your oven to 425F. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and lightly spray with pan spray.
- Set aside ¼ cup of flour for bench flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the remaining 1¾ cups chilled flour, baking powder, kosher salt, and sugar.
- Using the largest side of a box grater, shred 6 tablespoons of frozen butter and add to the flour mixture.
- Mix with your hands until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Using a wooden spoon, incorporate the buttermilk until combined.
- Transfer the dough to the countertop, fold, and form into a disc.
- Lightly flour a rolling pin and roll out the dough until 1 inch thick.
- Cut your biscuits into the desired shape and transfer to the sheet tray, leaving ½ inch between each biscuit.
- Transfer to the oven and bake, for 7 minutes. Rotate the pan and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the peaches into a large dice.
HOW TO COOK 🍳
Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the peaches to the hot pan along with half of the Brown Butter Truffle Honey, ½ cup of water, and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Heat until soft and sticky, about 6-8 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in lemon zest and juice to taste.
- Heat the medium saute pan over medium-high heat and remove the ham from its packaging.
- Add one tablespoon of butter to the pan and fry the ham for about 30 seconds per side.
- Transfer seared ham to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve up those delicious, warm biscuits topped with delicious Benton’s ham, those sweet, stewed golden peaches and a drizzle of Brown Butter Truffle Honey. Enjoy this beautiful dish fit for a true Georgian!!
Leave a comment