▶️ How to make Asparagus Risotto - LIVESTREAM
Black Truffle Risotto with Roasted Asparagus
Cook Time 🍳
Learn how to make our signature black truffle risotto with beautiful asparagus! In this class, you’ll learn all of the techniques from cutting the shallots into a fine hache, to stirring the risotto to creamy perfection, to how to cook the rice to a beautiful al dente.
½ cup of dry white wine
- 3 cups broth ❄
- ¼ bunch asparagus ❄
- 1 ounce Parmesan ❄
- 1 jar Truffle Carpaccio
- 1 shallot
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- 1 heaping cup carnaroli rice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter ❄
- 1 lemon
- Wooden spoon
- Cheese grater
- Large pan
- Small pot
- 1 cup measuring cup
- 1½ cups water
- Foil-lined sheet tray
❄ Please keep refrigerated before class ❄
MISE EN PLACE 🥄
Preheat your oven to 425F.
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, bring 3 cups of the broth and 1½ cups of water to a boil. Once boiling, turn off the heat and set aside.
- Finely grate the Parmesan cheese.
- Cube the butter.
- Chop half of the Truffle Carpaccio, reserving the other half for garnish.
- Peel and finely mince the shallot. Snap or slice the asparagus spears.
HOW TO COOK 🍳
In a large saucepan over low heat, stir together the shallot, half of the olive oil, and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt. Cook until the shallot is soft and translucent (but before browned).
- Add the rice and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the rice has a toasty aroma but no color.
- Deglaze the pan with the ½ cup of white wine, increase heat to medium-high, and continue stirring until all of the wine has evaporated.
- Turn the heat to medium and add one ladle of hot stock to the pan.
- Cook until almost all of the liquid has evaporated, stirring constantly. Repeat this process until there is only ¼ cup of stock left and the rice is al dente.
- Meanwhile, pop the asparagus onto the sheet tray and toss with the remaining olive oil and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt. Roast until GBD (Golden Brown & Delicious), about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Zest on the lemon, then squeeze on lemon juice to taste.
- Turn the heat on the risotto to low and add the butter, one cube at a time, until emulsified. Adjust consistency if necessary with the last bit of stock.
- Add the Parmesan, then fold in the chopped Truffle Carpaccio.
- Season with a couple drops of lemon juice and Balinese Truffle Salt to taste.
- Garnish with the remaining Truffle Carpaccio and roasted asparagus and enjoy!
Leave a comment