Truffle Wagyu Cheeseburger with Steak Fries
Cook Time 🍳
Become the grill master of your home kitchen! French Laundry alum and Truffle Shuffle founder Chef Tyler Vorce will walk you through each step to grill beef sliders like a professional, paired with our signature special hamburger sauce.
1 pound ground Wagyu beef ❄
- 1 heirloom tomato ❄
- 1 red onion
- 1 8 ounce jar pickling liquid ❄
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter ❄
- 1 head little gem lettuce ❄
- Slider buns
- 2 egg yolks ❄
- 1 teaspoon Champagne vinegar ❄
- 1 pack cheddar cheese ❄
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard ❄
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 jar Truffle Ketchup ❄
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- Cutting board
- Large saute pan
- Mixing bowl
- Small sauce pot
- Metal spatula
- 1 cup measuring cup
❄ Please keep refrigerated before class ❄
MISE EN PLACE 🥄
Preheat your grill over high heat.
- Peel and finely dice the red onion to yield 1 cup.
- Add to a small sauce pot, cover with pickling liquid, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Slice the tomatoes. Leaf and wash the lettuce.
- Form the ground beef into patties.
- Place the egg yolks into a mixing bowl along with the Dijon mustard, Champagne vinegar, and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt. Whisk together until pale and frothy.
- Very slowly emulsify the grapeseed oil into the egg mixture until nice and thick.
- Drain the pickled red onions and add them to the mayonnaise. Whisk in the Truffle Ketchup. Get a taste of that delicious Truffle Special Sauce!!
HOW TO COOK 🍳
Melt a small knob of butter into a sauté pan until bubbling. Add the slider buns and toast until golden brown and delicious.
- Now it’s time to grill up those sliders!! Make sure that grill is ripping hot and season up those burger patties.
- Place the patties onto the hot grill. We want to really get solid grill marks on the bottom of the patties before flipping them over.
- Flip the burger patties, place a slice of cheese on top, and close the grill to melt the cheese.
- Remove the burger patties from the grill and make those burgers! Place a little Truffle Special Sauce on the bottom bun, the burger patty with cheese, a slice of tomato, a leaf of lettuce, more Special Sauce, and top it off with that beautiful, crispy, buttery bun.