This easy recipe is based on our popular Orechiette Pasta kit, which includes a wonderful tartufata. Sometimes called a truffle sauce or truffle pesto, tartufata is a blend of real black truffle and packed with a robust flavor that does almost all the work for you. You literally could cook your pasta and mix in the tartufata for a delicious, decadent truffle dish. Please note, our tartufata includes pistachios.
We like to add a few extras, when possible. Here's our process for making a phenomenal truffle pasta.
- In lightly salted water, boil the pasta until al dente (typically, less than 10 mins).
- Drain and return cooked pasta to the empty pot on low heat.
- Gently stir in tartufata - a couple heaping tablespoons per serving is a good amount. If you’re making the entire bag of pasta (about 2 servings), then 4 tablespoons-ish of tartufata. It’s kind of like a “dash” of wine - add as much as you like!
- Allow a few minutes to warm everything.
If you have fresh black truffle you’re shaving into the dish, they taste best when warmed up a little, so add those when stirring in the tartufata.
- Plate and top with grated parmesan, fresh pepper and our Balinese Truffle Salt to taste (it won’t need much), and perhaps a little fresh basil.
It’s really that easy. But, it oh so unbelievably good.