Truffle Mac Salad
4-6, as a side
½ cup mayo (we like kewpie)
Truffle Carpaccio (optional)
- 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ bunch basil, leaves picked and chiffonade/thinly sliced
- 3 sprigs oregano, leaves picked and chopped
- ¼ bunch parsley, leave picked and chopped
- 1 Fresno chili, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- ½ cup mixed olives, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 5 ounces mozzarella, cubed
- 12 ounces macaroni
- Kosher Salt
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the mayo, sriracha to taste, and a splash of truffle oil from the Truffle Carpaccio. Zest in the whole lemon, then add lemon juice to taste. Season with Balinese Truffle Salt and black pepper. Add in the scallions, basil, oregano, parsley, chili and garlic.
- Very finely mince ½ of the Truffle Carpaccio.
- Season the boiling water with kosher salt. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente.
- Strain and set the pasta into a sheet tray or a large dish. Toss with a splash of truffle oil and set in the fridge to cool.
- Once the pasta is cool, mix together with the carpaccio, celery, olives, sun dried tomatoes, and mozzarella. Season with more Balinese Truffle Salt and black pepper to taste.