Southern-Style Truffled Shrimp and Grits
Cook Time 🍳
This dish is a classic Southern dish that features succulent shrimp sautéed in a buttery, garlic-infused truffle oil sauce and served over a bed of creamy, cheesy grits. Whether you're a fan of Southern cuisine or simply looking for a delicious and comforting meal, southern-style truffled shrimp and grits is sure to please!
- 3 oz Stone Ground Grits
- 1 ea Broth*
- 1 pint Milk*
- 1 oz Butter (for Grits)*
- 2 oz Butter (for Sauce)*
- 2 oz Mascarpone*
- 1 oz Wagon Wheel Cheese*
- 1 ea Shallot
- 1 bunch Chives*
- 1 jar Black Truffle Carpaccio*
- 1 packet Balinese Truffle Salt
- ½ lb Wild Gulf Shrimp*
- 1 oz Cream*
- Place grits into fine mesh strainer and rinse with cold water until the water runs clear.
- Place the rinsed grits in a 2 qt pot.
- Add 1 cup chicken stock, 1 cup of milk and a pinch of Truffle Salt.
- Place pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer, whisking from time to time.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover halfway with a lid, and cook for 45 minutes whisking occasionally so that the grits don’t stick.Peel and slice the shallot.
- Grate the Wagon Wheel cheese.
- Thinly slice chives and cover them with a damp paper towel.Peel the shrimp and leave tails on.
- Place on a plate with a paper towel and refrigerate until ready to cook.
How to Cook
- Remove the shrimp from the fridge and allow to temper.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high, add the butter for shrimp and heat until foamy.
- Season the shrimp with Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 1 to 2 minutes each side.
- Remove the shrimp and place them on a plate to rest.
- In the same pan the shrimp were cooked in, add the sliced shallots and saute over medium heat until soft.
- Add one cup of your favorite beer and ⅓ cup of chicken stock. Turn the heat up to medium high.
- Reduce until emulsified, and finish with Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Add Truffle Carpaccio to the pan and keep warm until ready to finish.
- To finish the grits, add the butter (for the grits), mascarpone, cream, and all of the grated Wagon Wheel. Adjust with Balinese Truffle Salt to taste.
- Place your shrimp back in the pan, toss with the sauce until hot, and plate over grits. Sprinkle with chives to garnish and give up on trying to contain your excitement.