How to Make White Truffle Bechamel Sauce
White Truffle Bechamel Sauce
Cook Time 🍳
Chefs Jason & Tyler
When it comes to classic French sauces, bechamel is an absolute favorite! If you're looking for the perfect recipe, look no further - this is truly the best bechamel sauce recipe ever!
- 4 Tbsp sticks of butter❄
- ⅔ Cup All purpose flour
- 3 Cups Milk
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 ea Bay leaf
- 1 ounce Parmigiano Reggiano
- Balinese Truffle Salt
- Cutting board
- Food processor
- Stick blender
- 2 Large pots
- Large whisk
- Rubber Spatula
- Oil spray
❄ PLEASE KEEP REFRIGERATED BEFORE CLASS ❄
MISE EN PLACE 🥄
HOW TO COOK 🍳
Peel and finely mince the garlic (if you are making a large enough batch, use the food processor for this step)
- Place all of the milk into a large pot and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly so as not to stick.
- Place the butter into the second pot and heat over medium low heat. Add the garlic and salt and stew for 1 minute to soften the garlic.
- Add the flour to the butter and stir to combine, this creates the roux. Continue to cook for 1 more minute and turn off the heat once cooked.
- Once the milk is simmering, transfer 1/4 of the hot milk into the roux and bring to a boil while whisking to create a paste.
- Once the paste has formed, transfer the activated roux into the large pot of simmering milk and whisk well to combine.
- Add the bay leaf and simmer for 10 minutes (make sure you stir the bottom so the sauce doesn't stick).
- Take the pot off of the heat, remove the bay leaf, and add in the Parmesan cheese.
- Blend with a stick blender to smooth.
- Transfer to a container to cool completely before portioning and cover the top of the sauce with an oiled piece of parchment paper (to eliminate any skin forming).
Note from the Chef 👩🍳
Use this recipe when making our White Truffle Lasagna!
More from: Bechamel Sauce French Mother Sauce
Leave a comment