How to make Grandma Nonna’s Bolognese
Grandma Nonna’s Bolognese
Cook Time 🍳
Chefs Jason & Tyler
This perfect bolognese sauce strikes a balance between flavors, textures, and aromas that make it truly unforgettable!
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Truffle Carpaccio
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Yellow onion
- 1 lb Ground Wagyu Beef ❄
- 1 clove Garlic
- 3 tbsp Red wine
- 32 oz Whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- Balinese Truffle salt
- ¼ bunch Basil
- Canola oil as needed
- Cutting board
- Food Processor
- Stick Blender
- Large pot
- Large Rondeau
❄ PLEASE KEEP REFRIGERATED BEFORE CLASS ❄
MISE EN PLACE 🥄
Peel and dice onions and garlic.
- Chop the rosemary and finely chop the truffles.
- Blend whole peeled tomatoes.
HOW TO COOK 🍳
Add olive oil in the pot on medium low heat. Add garlic and onions, cook until soft without color.
- Add truffle salt.
- Add red wine and turn the heat up to medium high. Cook until there is no liquid left in the pot.
- Add the tomatoes and rosemary to the pot and simmer over medium low heat for 45 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are simmering, it's time to cook the beef. Heat another large rondeau over high heat.
- Add enough canola oil to the bottom of the rondeau to coat. Continue heating until smoking.
- Add the beef to the rondeau and cook to brown over high heat. Season with Truffle Salt and continue cooking until broken up and well browned.
- After the sauce has simmered for 45 minutes, using a stick blender, blend until smooth.
- Add the beef to the sauce and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Transfer the sauce to a container to cool and stir in the chopped truffle and whole basil to steep.
- Allow to cool completely, remove the basil, and portion as needed.
Note from the Chef 👩🍳
Use this recipe when making our White Truffle Lasagna!
More from: Bolognese French Mother Sauce
Leave a comment